baxi ecogen24/1.0

Sponsored Links
i didn't think it was available yet? do you work for BG?
I think the idea is a bit pointless tbh. We're being encouraged to look for ways of using alternatives to fossil fuels, not setting up a gas fired power station in the kitchen.
Don't they weight a ton as well?

Hope they last longer than the 105e before wanting major surgery.

As far as I recall this is a 24 kw gas boiler with a built in 1 kW Sterling gas generator. Weighs about £112 kG and costs about £5k at the moment.

It always seemed a little pointless to combine two items when if sold seperately with a combining unit for generators would widen the appeal!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I didnt think they were available yet and BG were only trialing them... well so it seems in the latest company rag anyway....

yep i work for bg have put one in the MDs house and another as a trial in a small house. think they weigh about 115 mark had to have special lifting equipment to get it on the wall

Sorry if I was 3 kg too low in the weight! ( I also put a £ sign on the weight too )

I always remove casings from boilers before lifting them.

Once, in a difficult situation, I removed the Gianonni burner/heat exchanger assembly, pump, plate and gas valve to make it as light as possible as it was being installed on a wall about an improperly supported granite work surface.

Tony

Hope the MD is paying BG prices. That would be about £12k.

I have this uncomfortable feeling that this will be a free perk!

But back to the interesting bits!

What do you think of how it performs?

How has the mains output been connected? They say that it can sync up to the mains and feed power back to the grid if the local demand is lower. Never any suggestion of tarrifs or how the output is to be metered though.

Here, during occupied hours the demand must be about 3 kW and at other times about 1 kW so no hope of one of those feeding any power out !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back