Baxi Maxflow Combi WM Not Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a 4 year old boiler. When set to heat, the flame ignites for 30 seconds then switches off. I had a valve replaced last week and the "bladder" checked and filled - it then worked fine for 36 hours. It's serviced correctly, no obvious obstruction to the flue. I realise this will be a CORGI issue but any ideas to avoid multiple call outs? Thanks :(

Sponsored Links
Sounds as thought this might be a circulation problem.

As well as gas safe, your engineer also needs to be G3 unvented registered to work on these.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you all. I'll let you know which issue it was later once we're running again. Our engineer is fully qualified and certified in all these skills and usually finds the problem in a flash. This is a puzzle.

I've not been that impressed with the Baxi's reliability although when working it does what it says it should do.

Neil

Well, they did all the things suggested here and more. No luck. Seems to be in the PCB's. It is 7 yrs old not 4 as I wrote. Baxi not really helpful. After discussion with engineers and looking at mounting and potential costs, chucking it out and going back to Saunier Duval tomorrow, 28kw unit.

Thanks all for the suggestions,
Neil

I checked everything I could on our Baxi Maxiflow and there seems to be no reason for its intermittent reliability other than the PCBs. I may fork out for replacements just to see if it works. Will post if I do.

I've a 4 year old boiler. When set to heat, the flame ignites for 30 seconds then switches off. I had a valve replaced last week and the "bladder" checked and filled - it then worked fine for 36 hours. It's serviced correctly, no obvious obstruction to the flue. I realise this will be a CORGI issue but any ideas to avoid multiple call outs? Thanks :(

But what does it do when set just to hot water ???

Where did Aposanta spring from Neil?

Tony

I got a new Baxi Maxflow Combi WM main PCB, installed it, reset the safety thermostat and slightly adjusted the trimmers; now all seems well. It was just over £100 for the board though. The firmware is slightly different from the old board in that it starts up on CH cycle for 5 secs. then stops for 10 secs. then starts up again and continues. This seems to eliminate pipe hammer on start up. HW just starts up like the old board.

Hello,

Can I ask, how you adjusted the trimmers and reset the safety thermostat, as we have just started getting the same issues with our boiler. I have fitted a new main pcb, but need to know if there is anything else to check on the main board?

Thanks for any advice/help you can give.

Jase

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back