BAXI Platinum HE33 Leaking Through Condensate Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hopefully someone can shed some light on a boiler problem I have.

When the boiler is pressurised the water seems to leak out through the condensate drain. The pressure runs down to zero bar. I presume there is some sort of leak in the main heat exchanger, allowing the water to drain out via the condensate drain.

As the boiler is only a couple of years old I am suprised that the heat exchanger should leak. Is there another explanation - ie. a failed seal or gasket? As the heat exchanger is over £200 I am hopeful there may be a cheaper explanation!

Unfortunately BAXI only provide a short parts list and make no mention of problems with the main heat exchanger, or even how to remove it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards, David

Sponsored Links
Isn't the point of an over priced Platinum that is has a 5 year warranty. Put a service call to Baxi in :rolleyes:

Armed with your seial number and date of installation ring this number......

08706 060 3060

This message will self destruct in 3 minutes.

gas4you said:
Isn't the point of an over priced Platinum that is has a 5 year warranty. Put a service call to Baxi in :rolleyes:

Just looked up your beloved Vaillants and they work out dearer than the platinum... Lier Lier pants on fire :D

Sponsored Links
Strange you found that :confused:

Ecotec Plus 837 is £26.80 less than the Platinum 33HE on Plumb Center web site :eek:

And thats before my rebates ;)

baxpoti said:

08706 060 3060

Or try a BT number if its expensive calling an 0870 ( Say NO to 0870 !!! )

Try 01926 425425

Agile said:
baxpoti said:

08706 060 3060

Or try a BT number if its expensive calling an 0870 ( Say NO to 0870 !!! )

Try 01926 425425

I go on this site as well Tony. Very useful when dialling from your mobile ;)

Although I have 0871 numbers for my web shop :rolleyes:

I suggest you quote the BT number for your webshop before I do!

We dont like 0870 !!!

Or 0845 either!

I've got to make money somewhere to make up for time wasters who call, keep you talking for 10mins then never place an order ;)

It always amazes me how they call to ask 'whats the price of this ???' when it is clearly on my site :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should by a £1.50/min number instead :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back