Baxi Potterton Gold Combi, Danfoss 715i clock and Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just been to look at a property which has a Baxi Potterton Gold Combi boiler, the Danfoss 715i clock and a Horstamnn HRT3 room stat.
The owner is complaining when the 1hr boost is pressed the boiler doesn't switch off after the hour.
We have checked and everything seems to be working correctly, obvioulsy don't want to hang around for an hour to see if this is the only problem (which would be very strange).
Checked the wiring looks fine, is connected via a junction box as follows

Boiler BK 1 = No 3 (load) on Stat
Boiler BK 2 = No 1 Clock + No 1 (line) on Stat
the rest as per norm, N L vis a 3 amp spur etc,
Looks fine to me and the boiler responds to hot water and timer but the customer is complaining that it isn't switching off after the 1 hr but never said anything about it not switching off after the timer has been used, we checked this and it works.
Can anyone shed any light or is it just the programmer (it is quite new, not that means a lot :) )
Thanks in advance
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Why not post in the trade CC section?

Or do you think that customers will have to help you?

Proper way to wire it is LNE from same fused spur as the LNE for boiler as i think you have done .
No links in the clock .

Out of boiler terminal 2 to terminal 1 on the clock backplate
out of terminal 4 on clock backplate to terminal 1 on your room stat
out of terminal 3 on roomstat to terminal 1 on boiler

Thanks Guys,
No don't expect customer to help :rolleyes:

Thanks namsag, have found the fault, the stat has a fault, it is controlling the on/off of the boiler completely, we have checked the wiring again (doing it old way of drawing a diagram :LOL: ) put a new stat on and it works.
thanks guys:cool:

Sponsored Links
Find it VERY strange that it is the roomstat as it is only a switch and should only have had power to it if the clock was supply in it
So after the boost hour from clock had timed out the internal circuit within the clock would break and no power would go to the roomstat and then on to the boiler

No
we took the wiring back to scratch and re-wired the clock and stat again as well, but the stat was controlling everything, then we found the stat had a short inside. :eek:

Your problem was the wiring then the stat fault was secondary for reason given previously

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back