Baxi Solo 2 50 PF CH problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have Baxi Solo 2 50 PF boiler.

About a month back there was puddle of water under the boiler and I assumed that it came from the exhaust vent of the boiler because of torrential rains. The boiler was not starting at the time. I took out the PCB and saw some water drops on it. There was a resister on the PCB which appeared bit black. I dried the PCB with a drier. The boiler still did not start. Then I traced a 2-amp fuse in the Honeywell junction box next to the diverter valve and found it to be blown. I replaced it and boiler started working. I checked both CH and HW were working fine.

Two days back I was testing to see if the CH is working fine and I found that the HW works fine but the CH was not coming on. No lights on the boiler were lighting. I was advised to move the lever on the Honeywell y plan three-position diverter valve. I moved the lever to open position on the right and then moved it back. Since then every time the HW is switched on the CH also switches on even though the CH is off on the programmer. I reduced the Honeywell CH temperature knob to around 0C but still radiators are getting hot.

I have read various posts on this site and they all point to the diverter valve being faulty or maybe the PCB has gone bad.

I opened the top cover of the diverter valve and can see a motor, which appears to be mounted with two long screws. I’m thinking of replacing the motor first as it is cheaper then the PCB.

The Diverter Valve does not have any part number but only says “Sundial Y plan three position diverter valve”.

Questions
1. I searched on the net and found “40002737-003 Honeywell Replacement Motor for V4043H, V4044 and V4073A Valves – 522” motor for around £ 14. Is this the correct motor to order? Can I assume that my diverter valve is V4044?
2. If the problem is still not fixed then should I buy the PCB to further diagnose the problem
3. Any other advise will be welcome

Obviously my last resort is to call in the help.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Buy a new complete valve, sounds like the valve body is stuck in the mid position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back