Baxi Solo 340 Boiler with loud clicking then shutting down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Why do things go wrong with central heating over bank holidays???

I have a Baxi Solo 340 wall mounted boiler which has been clicking loudly for a while yesterday and then last night shut down and would not re-start.

The room stat is set high (30 deg) so it should fire up at this time of year (The house is 14 deg inside)!!!!!

The boiler has auto electronic ignition. The unit is sealed.

The boiler on light is on and the piolet light light is on but it is not firing or powering up.

Fan on light is off, and burner light is off.

Any ideas greatfuly received as it is Easter Sunday and i have 4 layers of clothes on and a blanket!!!!!!!

Regards Fismaster

Sponsored Links
First thing I would check is whether there is 240V to fan terminals. Only do this if you are safe to test live electrics though ;)

if you mean the pilot stays on when boiler "shuts down" then I would suspect the gas valve letting by, corgi job to replace, but to check it turn gas off for a few seconds (make sure no other gas appliances are on) then turn back on and see what happens.

HI

it is the gas valve fault

1.fan light is not on so fan is ok
2. there is no permanent pilot on this boiler
3.overheat light is not on so sensors are ok

Sponsored Links
The boiler on light is on and the piolet light light is on but it is not firing or powering up.

Fan on light is off, and burner light is off.

This can indicate no continuity across the pilot solenoid. Corgi job!

Thanks everyone who posted a reply,

It was the gas valve and i have had it replaced by a corgi installer.

Thankfully it wasn't the pcb as the gas valve was much cheaper!!!!

Thanks again.

Fismaster :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back