Baxi Solo2 boiler

Dont tell me you have access to these Raden ?.

You would be able to "virtually diagnose".(I would have a damn good try).

Al

Sponsored Links
You're just as well off getting a recon pcb for the price and the messing around

like I said, there are several different versions of the solo 2

raden said:
You're just as well off getting a recon pcb for the price and the messing around

i understand, thanks anyway.
No worries, but i get plenty of electronic/electrical work, I find myself repairing PCB's for a customer who wanted a new bathroom suite fitted. :)

Im in the process of becoming a qualified plumber/corgi, it just takes forever, and my previous jobs were electronic positions.

like I said, there are several different versions of the solo 2

The satisfaction i get from electronic keeps me keen in the meantime.

cheers
Al

OK, if it's the most common style (Honeywell no (0438AY1) hidden under the mains connector), there are 7 caps we replace as a matter of course -
Don't come running to me if you have problems ...

Sponsored Links
that's a general cureall for several problems which may or may not yet have occurred

So what causes the dry joint on the relay that drives the fan?

boys and their toys eh!

Loving the argument fella's as by now a new PCB would have been installed, and cleaned the car.......visited a beer festival over easter.

And the whole time, customer is warm, satisfied and buying me a beer at the festival.

David

ps thanks tony for putting the RGI's straight and who spend days trawling through ABCOT's bits

Abcot - Aren't Baxi taking them to court over their fans which catch fire ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Whiter wrote:
So what causes the dry joint on the relay that drives the fan?

It's not a dry joint

I have to hold my hand up and say I don't know, unless it's relay hammer. A similar thing occurs on the latching relay on the old Micron pcb

MOD 2

please use the edit key

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back