Baxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me own boiler has packed up today and Mrs. W. aint happy. :rolleyes:

Finally found a mate who has a gas valve on his van, and has just dropped it off.

Gimme half an hour and all will be well, which leads me onto the question... what do RGI's do? A recent topic suggests most have all singing all dancing systems.

I'll settle for my basic Baxi, parts available, half an hour with a v4600c and all will be restored.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
nothing all singing about mine

I've got a Suprima HE - it was a freebie four yrs ago

i think practice what you preach is the saying. There are those of us that try to convince our customers to keep their perfectly good working boilers and that a new super boiler isnt necessarily the best thing for their hard earned money. For those people the consience is clear ! There are the others however who tell old ladies with mexicos that its time for an upgrade, it would be interesting to know what wonders heat their homes :)
Personally i didnt have heating in my apartment when i moved in so in effect i have a blank canvass, a UV cylinder, heat only boiler and robokit will go in. No system boiler and no combi, i dont wanna be waiting around for manufacturers overpriced spares when something goes wrong.

btw i hope you have the cork gasket for the baxi, they have a horrible habit of coming apart ;)

In 28 years i have only ever had 2 breakdowns on my own stuff once a t/couple on a flamingo . The other was a gas valve on a performa 28 which i repaired by stripping down a suprima gas valve i had lying around and adding the appropriate bits from the performa valve

Sponsored Links
[
Mr. W.[/qquote="misterdubya";p="1922616"]Me own boiler has packed up today and Mrs. W. aint happy. :rolleyes:

Finally found a mate who has a gas valve on his van, and has just dropped it off. n't do it

Gimme half an hour and all will be well, which leads me onto the question... what do RGI's do? A recent topic suggests most have all singing all dancing systems.

I'll settle for my basic Baxi, parts available, half an hour with a v4600c and all will be restored.
uote]

A few years back, just before moving house, the fan on my Baxi 50PF seized, on a Friday teatime. I knew I wouldn't get a new one until Tuesday without a long drive on Saturday, so i joined the BG scheme. They fitted a new fan on Monday, and I moved home the following month and cancelled the contract. Quids in, but a little cynical. I wouldn't do it to an independant, but I don't care about BG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back