BBC Drama

Funny you should say that. On a slightly related matter, why do all adverts now seem to show a mixed race couple - one black, one white as if its the norm when it clearly isn't?

Sponsored Links
Funny you should say that. On a slightly related matter, why do all adverts now seem to show a mixed race couple - one black, one white as if its the norm when it clearly isn't?

I do see alot more White men with black women these days than before

Sponsored Links
I never said that. Neither did I say there shouldn't be nor did I say they would not be any good.

What I did say was its weird they were
all on duty that same night in what I would have thought a male dominated profession

There or there abouts

Then simply law of averages says it must happen.

It doesn't surprise, or bother me.

Then simply law of averages says it must happen.

It doesn't surprise, or bother me.

That's good

EastEnders.
Hardley any
Muslims.
Asians
Eastern Europeans.
Racists

It's not reality is it

That's good

EastEnders.
Hardley any
Muslims.
Asians
Eastern Europeans.
Racists

It's not reality is it

So your real problem is an asian/foreigner thing?

It started as a reasonable question about females in a security setting. Which was not beyond the realms of possibility/likelihood.

Not getting involved in drama generally, or representation of races/beliefs/ages in programmes. You want a racial discussion, start 1 ?

Can honestly say I NEVER watch tv stuff like Eastenders, I am a bit more discerning than sitting watching tv just because it is on.

Yes it is. I want to see more to reflect life as it really is.

Nothing to do with females in security situations then?

Devious way to start an argument?

Why not just be open about it ?

Could it be that the BBC and advertising companies are in London and that's how it is there?

That is except Radio 5 which has an over representation of people with a funny accent.

It's the real men brigade, we say it as we see it, we are all for equality but not when it's a woman on TV doing a mans job, we prefer the older better times when a woman knew her place in the house.

If you are that upset by it then write in and complain. If this gets you irate then you really have problems. The same brigade who will be up in arms at a tv character welcome the economy tanking due to Brexit.

Nothing to do with females in security situations then?

Devious way to start an argument?

Why not just be open about it ?

I could start a thread about our favourite flowers.. You would still manage to get onto an argument, rant about Brexit. And possibly get the thread closed.

It's the real men brigade, we say it as we see it, we are all for equality but not when it's a woman on TV doing a mans job, we prefer the older better times when a woman knew her place in the house.

If you are that upset by it then write in and complain. If this gets you irate then you really have problems. The same brigade who will be up in arms at a tv character welcome the economy tanking due to Brexit.

I'm not upset by it. Let's not get confused between reality and equality.

Do you really believe the writers could not have got more real and were spot on when a scene has a female sniper, a lady UXB expert and a women heading a fire arms unit.

Or Is this how the BBC divert that its run by white heterosexual male elderly gentlemen who are so stuck up their own arises and so divorced from the real world.

I'm not upset by it. Let's not get confused between reality and equality.

Do you really believe the writers could not have got more real and were spot on when a scene has a female sniper, a lady UXB expert and a women heading a fire arms unit.

Or Is this how the BBC divert that its run by white heterosexual male elderly gentlemen who are so stuck up their own arises and so divorced from the real world.
Aside from all that - isn't it the man (the bodyguard) who saves the day and the would-be suicide bomber's life because he disobeys the women in charge and their instructions? It's hardly a feminist programme.

I just think a certain age of bloke are used to things like the Sweeney and the Professionals, all manly and so like real life.....

Aside from all that - isn't it the man (the bodyguard) who saves the day and the would-be suicide bomber's life because he disobeys the women in charge and their instructions? It's hardly a feminist programme.

I just think a certain age of bloke are used to things like the Sweeney and the Professionals, all manly and so like real life.....

I was more of a Cagney & Lacey man

Sponsored Links
Back