BBC. Is Britain Racist?

Sponsored Links
Fundamentally, I don't think Britain is racist.

I wasn't 30 years ago. However, now it's rammed down my throat, as well as the throats of every other indigenous Brit, at every opportunity and our country flooded with alien and often dangerous cultures - well I'm definitely racist now. If that's the label that the lefties and pinkos give people who object to their country being given away - who gives a toss what they think?

No one ever voted for this shoite and it's never been in anyone's manifesto.

Rant over. :D
As you know, you and I have had our differences (exacerbated by Norcon's occasional unfortunate "tone" and "turn of phrase"). Having argued the toss with you both in the past, I have no doubt that you are one of the least "racist" people I know. You abhore the behaviour and values of certain groups of those people who vociferate and act upon their stances. You occasionally generalise, as much as those who hold the opposing views. But most of all you are honest.

The "safe" way forward is to argue tribalism.

Can't argue with that. In many ways, preferring to be surrounded with those from your own tribe and not being invaded is the most natural thing in the world. Just ask the red squirrels, because if the social engineers have their way, we'll be going the same way.

A implies B and B implies C. So A implies C

Response - "you're a moron" for believing B and C", in spite of never actually stating what A is.

How can anyone sensibly argue against those who don't state what their A is?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure? Who is "we"? Do you feel better when you say "we"?
We as in the RWR? Ever had an original thought boyo?

Is this another way of saying you hate it when I show that you are wrong.

Well you hate it when we prove you are wrong. Naahnee naahnee poo poo. Etc etc.

See, I can reply in the same childish way as you. :sleep:

I must admit it is hard not to become zenophobic when working with two East Europeans who are aggressive and rude. And it is ironic that Hungary where one comes from is decidedly against immigrants. Then again these East European countries have a reputation for being quite right wing, or at least having strong right wing elements. The irony.

It's not possible to "prove" anyone is right or wrong unless one states their axioms in the first place. There's not point hurling stones at noseall until such time as he states his a priori beliefs.

There is only one race...the human race, of which we are all members. As I keep trying to point out, the situation is that of tribalism and the differences between the characteristics of these tribes.
So, presumably, if we are all of the same one race none of us can possibly be accused of racism!

Racism in its simple form, a hatred of someone because they are of a different 'race' - which usually amounts to colour - has largely disappeared in this country, I don't think most Brits condone such racism. However, there are issues with various people coming into the country, bringing in a different culture. It might be that they are very poor and uneducated, or have widely differing political views. I happen to think that most immigrants are not a threat although I think less immigrants should be allowed in, the numbers are excessive. There is a problem with extremism, such as nutty fruit cake imams who were allowed to preach hate, thanks to nutty fruit cake trendy leftie pinkoes, who labelled anyone who raised concerns a racist. Extreme Islam is a threat, but most UK Muslims do not support it, as far as I know. I can't say I am keen on the more extreme (but non violent) Muslims, but then again I am not keen on many born again Christians, Moonies, fundamentalist Christians, the more extreme orthodox Jews, and other hard code religionistas.

Yes, the real problem is radical Islam, and some vile regimes such as Saudi Arabia and Iran who foment terrorism, and political instability. And we just unfroze Iranian assets. Eh?
I completely agree. As far as we can tell, most muslims in this country are not extremists. On the other hand, it appears to me that most of them choose to live in ghettoes and refuse to integrate as other races/religions have done: Hindus, Sikhs, Chinese, Jews, and so on.
I think that might be a factor in why there are so many people and organisations (like the one on tonight's 'unbiased' BBC documentary) who dislike and fear that particular race/religion.

There's parts of the UK now that I no longer recognise and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, in my own Town when our old rugby-club was converted into a Mosque there was a call for our town war memorial (which was opposite) to be moved as they found it offensive. I'm pleased to say it wasn't.
We cannot discuss these sort of issues without immediately being accused of either being racist or extreme & if we don't sort it out soon trouble will ensue.
Therein, I think, lies one important explanation of why this one specific race/religion has incurred the distrust and fear of so many people in this country.
Not so much that they are offended by many British values, but that the powers-that-be accept their claims of being offended and do whatever they demand.

Sponsored Links
Back