BEAT THE PETROL PRICE SCAM DO THIS

Sponsored Links
i'm no lover of the french got charged £8 for a cup of coffee once,But the point is when theres a fuel hike in france they all stick together and take action and get results,over here we just put the extra on the cusomers bill,gordon brown maybe pm,But he's still the chancellor and very soon we will be going back to bricking up windows again under this penny pincher.

Richard Reese in 1997 said:
Based on their information, the Petroconsultants' report projected that "world oil production will peak in 1999 at 65.6 million barrels per day (mbpd) and then decline to 52.6 mbpd in 2010." (12) In short, the peak is coming soon, and it will be followed by a continuous and significant decline in production.
And did that hapen?

It's looking like 2005 was the year of peak production. There have been no refineries built for years for the simple reason the supply of oil is limited to what we already have. The problem is, of course, that demand is rocketing with the industrialisation of China and India and the other Asian 'tigers'.
The petrol pumps are shouting at you John. The £1 per litre barrier stood for years but when it broke it broke big time. Why doesn't it shock us that the price of fuel is up every time we fill up? Big trouble is, there seems no way to stop it. The government could reduce the level of duty, but as someone pointed out the other day, they'd have to raise other taxes to compensate.
Are you ready for the new stone age?

i'm no lover of the french got charged £8 for a cup of coffee once,But the point is when theres a fuel hike in france they all stick together and take action and get results,over here we just put the extra on the cusomers bill,gordon brown maybe pm,But he's still the chancellor and very soon we will be going back to bricking up windows again under this penny pincher.

What kind of results? Will they strike oil? You can take whatever action you like but you can't get oil out of an empty well.

Sponsored Links
When theres a fuel hike in france they all stick together and take action and get results
Absolutely and the ultimate evidence of people power in this respect is the way fuel prices are being kept remarkably low in the US (a country with a carbon footprint the size of bigfoot) ... Just see what happens when 1 cent is put on the price of a gallon :LOL:

People power absolutely does work but, alas, not in this country as people here are too apathetic to take action about anything ... It's not the British way ;)

MW

This is the argument in a nutshell:

http://www.eco-action.org/dt/oilfut.html[/QUOTE]

Joe, the opening words on the home page of this site are:

Out of Date
This website has not been updated for some years. This website has been left as it may still contain useful content.

Is this a case of the eco-warriors becoming eco-pacifists due to an outbreak of eco-apathy?

megawatt said:
the ultimate evidence of people power in this respect is the way fuel prices are being kept remarkably low in the US

Is this the same people power which has left the US the only western world nation free of a readily available health service?

What issues they deem important to themselves CM is their own affair and I'm not defending their values as a Nation.

All I'm saying is ... When they do make a stand the effect is staggering.

People power DOES work.

megawatt said:
People power DOES work.

Not many examples of it happening in the UK but I do agree with your point, Mega ;) . In view of this it will be interesting to see how the current disputes in France are resolved.

This is the argument in a nutshell:

http://www.eco-action.org/dt/oilfut.html[/QUOTE]

Joe, the opening words on the home page of this site are:

Out of Date
This website has not been updated for some years. This website has been left as it may still contain useful content.

Is this a case of the eco-warriors becoming eco-pacifists due to an outbreak of eco-apathy?

megawatt said:
the ultimate evidence of people power in this respect is the way fuel prices are being kept remarkably low in the US

Is this the same people power which has left the US the only western world nation free of a readily available health service?

The reason I posted it is that the predictions are coming true - NOW!

If you don't believe that, nip out and grab a few litres of petrol. That's the important message. We are no-longer talking about the distant future we are talking about today.

If you don't believe that, nip out and grab a few litres of petrol. That's the important message. We are no-longer talking about the distant future we are talking about today.

Actually, Joe, I don't disbelieve it. As has been covered pretty thoroughly on this site (and others), the supply of oil is diminishing as emerging natons demand for oil increases. Inevitably prices will go up and one day the oil wells will run dry. It's known colloquially as tough sh*t. Now I am going down the pub....and I will be walking! ;)

So Joe thinks the peak has moved from 1999 to 2005

how did I guess?

that's the graph that says we're about to run out

every couple of years he moves the graph a couple of years to the right...

I still say

Personally I like to see the cost high and usage cut down. especially by the worlds biggest energy wasters who are wasteful because they get it so cheap. Until energy gets unaffordable people won't economise

so the people squeaking about high energy prices are behaving as expected :rolleyes:

JohnD said:
I still say

Personally I like to see the cost high and usage cut down. especially by the worlds biggest energy wasters who are wasteful because they get it so cheap. Until energy gets unaffordable people won't economise

so the people squeaking about high energy prices are behaving as expected :rolleyes:

Totally agree.

Fuel is still much too cheap IMO. Id be happy to see petrol @ £5/L.
Only then will people stop and think and ask themselves " Do I really need to make this journey ?" or "Should I drive to work alone (like the other 30 million or so car drivers) or should I share the journey with my neighbour Mr Smith who travels to the same location every day ?"

Only then will people stop and think and ask themselves " Do I really need to make this journey ?" or "Should I drive to work alone (like the other 30 million or so car drivers) or should I share the journey with my neighbour Mr Smith who travels to the same location every day ?"

yea REALY you have been watching to many do gooder green shows for me Balenza, tell me how many neighbours do you know who work in the same place other than the pit men.

I think that this makes good sense but the Americans who are just 5% of the population use 25% of the World's oil, and they get it for near nothing because no administration in America would be in office if it were otherwise.
So realistically, it matters not what we do.

Sponsored Links
Back