POWER TO THE PEOPLE...

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
below is an e-mail i received. if we did it it would work :evil: (i think :?: )

A Plan to Reduce UK Petrol Prices - a rip-off at over 90p a litre -
>> POWER TO THE PEOPLE...
>>
>> See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting
95p
>a
>> litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.
>>
>> Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
>> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"
>> campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
>> laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves
>> by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than
>it
>> was a problem for them.
>>
>> BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
>> really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies
>> and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a
>> litre is CHEAP,
>we
>> need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
>> market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each
>> day,
>> we consumers need to take action.
>> The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if
we
>hit
>> someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do
>> that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
>>
>> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
>> biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are
>> not selling
>any
>> petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce
>their
>> prices,the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
>impact,
>> we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.
>> It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
>> point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>> I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it

> to
>> at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
>> least
>ten
>> more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message
>> reaches
>the
>> sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
>> consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to
>> ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes
>> one level further, you guessed it... . THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>> Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and
not
>> buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
>> email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300
>> MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!
>>
>> I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
>> Acting together we can make a difference.
>>
>> If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
>>
>> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
>> RANGE
>It's
>> easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your
>> petrol
>at
>> Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP
>> and
>Esso.
>>
>> POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Sponsored Links
Even better ...use their toilets, free air, free cashpoints, free screenwash points, free gloves ,paper towels. Take an old car through their Guaranteed carwash, let the mirror fall off ,complain and get a refund...Been there done it still do it DON`T buy their petrol...BP ,I LOVE you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There's one major flaw in this plan. Even the biggest of the oil companies have no control over HM Governments taxation (by far the greatest part of the price paid at the pump). Even if we managed (by some miracle) to bring BP and Esso to their knees, Gordon Brown would still be getting his cut. Just from the alternative suppliers. :evil:

Would be pretty ineffective ploy anyway. The fuel from a refinery is shipped to all outlets in the area, so e.g. the southeast and East Anglia is all supplied from Shell Haven refinery in Essex. If it doesn't get sold at one garage, it will get sold at another.

That email is also from someone who knows little, BP and Esso are not one company, they are seperate entities.

And as has been pointed out, more than 60p per litre goes to the facists running this country...

oilman said:
Would be pretty ineffective ploy anyway.
Spot on & unworkable :!:

It has been mention before & if any of you are thinking avoiding buying petrol/diesel from BP & Esso, where do you think Shell, Asda, Sainsburys, Morissons, Jet, Tesco, Texaco & Esso buy their petrol from?

The answer is BP :!:

Blair & Brown refused to lower petrol taxes because they has already attended a meeting of the European Council of minister where the EU had decided that England petrol tax would not be reduced. Blair has sign this away because he would do anything to reserve for himself a place at the EU trough. And did you know this, has we not been a members of the EU, England would by now have accumulated a surplus of cash so substantial that the government would be able to pay off every householder's mortage. To give you some idea of the taxes collected from the government, the future savings would easily be great enough to enable the government to abolish the tax on petrol.

So as you can see the government cannot bring the price of petrol down so it now left with BP to bring the prices down in which they can't do because of the wafer thin profit margin on petrol, believe me they are so ****ed off with this government. BP make approximately just under 2p per litre and the last 3 month come to £600,000,000 profit and that just on under 2p :!: Overall cost of petrol to refined is approximately 11p plus 2p profit, total of 13p. Say the price of petrol is 90p, minus 13p the cost of making petrol which is left with 77p for this greedy government, now try & work out how much the government is making. Oh another thing the EU also collect 1% of all our VAT so no wonder they won't bring the prices down. Vote Blair :!:

oilman said:
The fuel from a refinery is shipped to all outlets in the area, so e.g. the southeast and East Anglia is all supplied from Shell Haven refinery in Essex. If it doesn't get sold at one garage, it will get sold at another.
You're nearly right, Shell Haven refinery is not there any more as it now flatten to make room for P&O biggest container port in the world.

masona said:
oilman said:
Would be pretty ineffective ploy anyway.
Spot on & unworkable :!:

quote="oilman"]The fuel from a refinery is shipped to all outlets in the area, so e.g. the southeast and East Anglia is all supplied from Shell Haven refinery in Essex. If it doesn't get sold at one garage, it will get sold at another.
You're nearly right, Shell Haven refinery is not there any more as it now flatten to make room for P&O biggest container port in the world.[/quote]..........Where the goods from CHINA arrive and go to the Liddle shops :LOL: Do we export anything???

I use the dearer forecourts for air an water when free ....the water is a +for gardens on a water meter ... , when you have jerry cans, rolls of the blue paper towels folded are great for rubbing off turtle wax an Kitchen roll ..etc...

these petrol KINGS with supermarkets are good for a slip

(I cannot name them here but its easy to figure ..)

I heard through a few lads who I meet at dart dos about

"the supermarket slip "

you wait til its raining an your partner/ wife goes in all smiles she loads a basket up an goes too the Petrol/gas checkout as they accept shopping as well ,

as she does a pasa doble (sp) skid ,falls on her backside an then screams an wails , l;ying on her back screaming
as the staff gather,

she sobs an crys for an Ambulance ...

now Hubby comes in an is fuming ,hows my love .etc , etc ...FAWNING ALL OVER HER TIL AMBULANCE ATTENDS

but then says "look at the F*CKING FLOOR all wet an petrol/diesal covered ,!!LOOK AT THE STATE ??!!"

At the time the manager will be trying to paper towel the floor ,or getting staff to mop ,
you Must say/SHOUT at the MANAGER they now (tearful is good !! ) NOW DONT TRY TO COVER YOUR NEGLIGENCE ,

you can ask for names of people , EVERY ONE WILL SAY NO ..!!!FACT

Except your friend who you dont know in the Petrol station after you ........he will get you that disney trip or carib cruise .. lol

It will go to their insurance it never gets contested even with a witness they pay up as they no the shouldnt have fuel slippage in a supermarket as a test case 5 years ago a judge said these businesses should NEVER be twinned ..

Pass this info to good sites an not chavvy places too spoil a winter holiday ..

Sponsored Links
Back