Bedroom Spotlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just to begin, I am a DIY novice. Before I painted my bedroom ceiling I thought it would be a good idea to 'unclip' the spotlights so as to avoid apply masking tape around each one as I painted. Painting finished however I cannot seem to get my spotlights to 'clip' back into place!
What have I done?? Please help!!!!

Sponsored Links
I think I know what you mean - the springy wire "legs" on a recessed spotlight?
Flip them both upwards, each one has a shorter prongy bit that sticks out.
Insert the two long legs into the hole in the ceiling and push upwards. The shorter prongy ones now hit the ceiling. Keep pushing. There will be a bit of resistance then pop! it's in.
I hope that's what you mean anyway. If not, don't try this with any other fitting!

Thanks for such a quick reply. Both 'legs' are already through the hole in the ceiling however light is not flush with the ceiling (Still hanging down slightly). When I go into the loft the 'legs' are not secure on the ceiling. Are the springs perhaps broken??

i don't think the springs are broken you are putting the both the long and short leg in the ceiling as regsmyth said offer up the light the two longest
parts of the clip just inside the hole as you push up the two shorter parts
press against the edge push a little more and it will clip in hope this makes sense because its lost me and i know how to do it

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much, I finally got them in! Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back