beetle ?/! with pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does it cause damage ?

2008_0420Image0075Large2-2.jpg

TIA

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to tell..... It looks vaguely like a long horned wood boring beetle....but doesn't appear to be anywhere near wood :LOL:

Perhaps you should study floorboards or furniture nearby and check for any woodworm flight holes. Ring the one's that are present and keep an eye out for new holes.

The adults leave the holes between May to September to breed, so it would be a little early yet....

Also, not all woodworm are harmful....

...and this may not be a wood boring insect at all....as I say....it's difficult to tell.

Very difficult to tell..... It looks vaguely like a long horned wood boring beetle....but doesn't appear to be anywhere near wood :LOL: l....

...and this may not be a wood boring insect at all....as I say....it's difficult to tell.

Hello mr_mike have a closer look!

2008_0420Image0075Large2.jpg

Sponsored Links
roughly how long is the beetle,if it is house long horn beetle,START TO CRY,because iirc they can strip a house in about 6 mths,do you have a lot of hard wood around?,if the beetle is only small then its probably(anobium punctatum or common furniture beetle)if its about 2-3 mm then it could be death watch beetle which loves hard woods especially oak,or it might be powder post beetle,if theres a lot of them then get a preservation firm in to give your house a survey(they used to be free).

google the beetles i have mentioned all the info will be there,

if the beetle is large then it might be just a common garden beetle of some kind.

I think it's probably the indigenous beer drinking beetle... i mean look :eek: it's finished off three pints in the time it's taken you to get your tape measure out !!!!!

I can tell you it's not common furniture beetle , death watch , house longhorn or any of the wood boring weevils, or indeed any wood boring insect.
Unfortunately I cannot tell what it is, send it to that company that rents to kil insects, they will identfy it for you, or at least they used to do.

onion - it's an adult Vine Weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus). It's only a threat to your plants; often found indoors 'cos of potted plants being brought in. Been doing any indoor gardening or had the window to the garden open?

onion - it's an adult Vine Weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus). It's only a threat to your plants; often found indoors 'cos of potted plants being brought in. Been doing any indoor gardening or had the window to the garden open?

Good Call, looks like it to me. These beggers got into my in-laws G/House Last year. Here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back