Before I plasterboard this wall..

Sponsored Links
So you want to say is that could be stronger and better than plasterboards?

Original lath and plaster ceilings/walls, in good condition, or a renovated lath and plaster wall,, such as we are talking about now,, has no comparison with a plasterboard wall/ceiling. It's like comparing a Rolls Royce with a bicycle. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
have to agree , i wouldn't use plaster board if it were given to me for nothing. but then again i am not a plasterer. :LOL:
how old is your house? and what do you mean by dirt in the plaster?

So another question. Bonding on the wood after few months or years it could be more cracks coz is very hard, plasterboars have the paper on the top. Or maybe I'm wrong.

No problem with the wood,,, it's the gaps between the wooden laths that's important. The plaster squeezes between the gaps, and forms "nibs" that curl behind the lath, holding the plaster in place.

Roughcaster.

Sometimes with the old plaster with cracks you can use thick lining paper to keep wall in one piece but if you would made partition from plasterboars it want be a problem with cracks? Is that correct?

Most people nowadays Dario, would use plasterboard for partition walls. I hope i've not confused you with the lath and plaster issue. Plastering lath and plaster partition walls or ceilings, would be extremely rare nowadays. The discussion on here at the time, was about it being possible to plaster back onto old laths, (which it is), rather than plasterboarding over them. As i said the vast majority of people nowadays would use plasterboard.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back