*Beginner* New Boiler/Heating System Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning.

Firstly i'm extremely inexperienced in this field so apologises for my ignorance.

I'm currently looking into removing and replacing the entire heating system within my house. The house is a 3 storey Terrance: 1x main bathroom, a kitchen-dining room spread over the bottom floor, 2 reception rooms (spread over the mid-floor) 2 bedrooms, utility room and potentially a wet room/bathroom, potentially extending into the loft for a master bedroom en-suite.

I've looked at various heating systems and currently thinking either a regular or system boiler and an unvented heating system, thus removing the overflow tanks from the loft (depending on price we might try to extend up there).

Is this the best system setup to go for? pro's & con's?
Can you run a shower pump off this system?
Is it worth installing a hot water circuit so that hot water is always avail at taps?
I've seen you can install quite a lot of technology in the heating/hot water systems, is it worth it? Any suggestions on what to install?

Any Advice/Help is appreciated...

Thank you for your time

Sponsored Links
Before considering any hot water possibiliies you will need to know the dynamic mains flow rate as well as the static pressure.

Many parts of London have very low pressure and you might get virtually no flow in your loft which would be the fourth floor.

Tony Glazier

I think the flow rate is about 9lt/min? The street has been replumbed so the flow rate restrictions are probably within the house confines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back