Beko spinning very fast and loudly when not in spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone
hope someone can give me some advice

My washing machine has done a wash this morning and i noticed that the cycle didnt complete it kept spinning for a few seconds and then stop i had to try and reset the washer and after a few attempts switching off the power and pressing the reset button i managed to release the door.

I then put a new load in the washer then filled for a lot longer than it usually would and then went into a very fast spin but it banging very loudly and the washer shook quite alot too, i then quickly switched it off at the mains and then went through a few attempts of cancelling the wash cycle and releasing the door.

any ideas or do i need a new washer?

any advice greatly appreciated

thank you

[/b]

Sponsored Links
There are one or 2 possibilities. It could be the tacho. This is a device consisting of a magnet fixed to the back end of the motor shaft and a coil surrounding it, fixed to the motor casing. This is used by the electronics to measure the spin speed. Sometimes the magnet comes loose or the coil goes open circuit. The other thing is the pressure vessel and switch. This is used to control the water level. If it is filling for longer than usual it could mean the pressure vessel is blocked with soap residue. I found this video about the pressure switch system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5mULld0M0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back