BEKO Tumble Dryer DSC85W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I had a problem with our tumble dryer Tripping the RCD every time it was turned on (9 days out of warranty!). This kept happening every timeit was turned on until eventually it stopped tripping the RCD and nothing at all happened, no lights on the control panel.

I took the machine apart and pulled out the control PCB to find a burn mark on the under side of it below one of the connectors.

In the picture if you look at the top right hand corner it is not the very right hand connector but the one to the left of it and it's labelled KN4.

I have purchased a new PCB but I'm concerned that there may be a problem somewhere else causing the PCB to burn out so I thought I would check it out before I install the new part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparkni

I've just had the same problem after 18 months of use. I have replaced the old PCB and thought about drilling a couple of holes in the plastic housing cover to allow a little more heat dissipation. However, I decided against this as the plastic housing that contains the PCB is made of a heat resistant plastic (PC-ABS) as compared to the outer casing of the dryer itself. I have no idea what might be causing the burn out of these components - I have the same failure as yours - the underside beneath the KN4 connector.

Beko had a safety alert a couple of years ago http://www.which.co.uk/news/2012/11/safety-alert-beko-tumble-dryers-at-risk-of-fire-303974/ but this doesn't apply to our model. I hope a get another 18 months use out of the £55 PCB rather than another £250 machine!

Anyone else finding this with their Beko tumbledryer?

hikn.gif

Woah - * Update * - my new board has just blown again - same components ! :eek: Obviously something else causing the fault..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back