A towel would hang down across the cupboard door below.

I wouldn't actually hang a towel from it, it's just a trick to distract the brain. Those sinks are supposed to finish flush with the adjacent doors and everyone can clearly see there's something's wrong because it's set back. Something to make it look like it's supposed to do that is what's needed.

Sponsored Links
If the sink comes forward, the tap will need to too.

Only real answer is to find a sink that fits. It does look odd as is.

Sponsored Links
We’ve managed to pull the sink forward more with the help of a carpenter and some changes to the cabinetry. Not perfect, but much better (I hope/ think).

Really appreciate all the suggestions.

Any final ones on how to further improve where we’ve landed would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5848.jpeg
    IMG_5848.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 70
  • f86ccabd-b10a-47e8-9bbb-33068bca6d63.jpeg
    f86ccabd-b10a-47e8-9bbb-33068bca6d63.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 81e21a75-96ba-4872-ae62-613596cc3334.jpeg
    81e21a75-96ba-4872-ae62-613596cc3334.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Why does the platform, that the sink sits on, project so far in front of the cabinet line. I think things would (or might) look a little better if the platform was recessed slightly behind the line of the cabinets. I'd also suggest you get your cabinet maker to manufactire some filler pieces to close off the gaps at the sink sides. However if you do that you should have the ability to periodically remove them to clean out the gunge that will inevitably collect in the gap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back