Bell Box Resilience

GJS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard that a common way to bypass an alarm is to fill the bell box with expanding foam. Is there a defence against this apart from putting the boxes in inaccessible positions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That was the old fashioned big box with a siren inside. You can't foam the modern type as the sound comes out the back.

.... and if you believe that, you'll ........ anything.

Can I sell you an ashtray for your motorbike, only £87.99 with a free wind guard!

Sponsored Links
foam is still used thee are "counter measures" but its vare rarrly done on a house

You don't use foam on a modern box - it dribbles down the back. This was proven 15 years ago when it first started. What you do do is know where to aim your battery drill. ;)

You don't use foam on a modern box - it dribbles down the back. This was proven 15 years ago when it first started. What you do do is know where to aim your battery drill. ;)

i know where i would like to aim my battery drill - think before you post fool

a handy tip for a burglar, where is the best place to drill the hole? the foam dispencers nozel is about 8mm :LOL:

You must think every crook is as thick as you are. If they can hot wire a car they can drill a bluddy hole. :rolleyes:

Just whallop the box with a big hammer, pull away from the wall and stick it in a five season sleeping bag! - just hope they don't have redcare (oh, hello officer) - I love redcare btw, especially when I get it disabled properly through BT and plod turn up anyway....

unless you are a bt engineer you are supposed to inform the ARC you are working on it

Just whallop the box with a big hammer, pull away from the wall and stick it in a five season sleeping bag! - just hope they don't have redcare (oh, hello officer) - I love redcare btw, especially when I get it disabled properly through BT and plod turn up anyway....
don't forget a good set of ear muffs:cool:

Best bet is do it all in the middle of the day too, people ignore the damn alarms anwyay...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back