belling electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have a belling electric cooker which is 6 years old.since i've had it ,it as blown 4 oven elements ,3 in the past year,the latest one today.yesterday my wife told me the oven was not working,so i took the back off and one the wires had blown off the back of the element(brown wire,red wire/earth wire still intact).i took the element out and it looked fine.replaced the damaged connector(it had blown apart),put every thing back together,everything working.got home tonite,wife said cooker not working again.checked element,it has blown.any ideas why this could be happening?.have i got a dodgy cooker.or should i just buy a new cooker,because it costing me a fortune in elements.lol.the cooker is BELLING FORMAT 640.thanks.mark

Sponsored Links
i bet they are not genuine elements , if they are look a likes ie much cheaper that genuine they will blow ,cheap parts

Sponsored Links
cheap part . made not to last long nothing you done .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back