Bespoke shed or garage for workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
i'm wanting a workshop to sit next to our house extension.
Ideal approx size: 16ft x 8ft.
Now the extension will be first floor only, extending 6ft out from the house, so this will create a underhang 'corridoor' to the front door so to speak, obviously with pillars/columns interspaced.
I want to put a decent size workshop next to it, however it needs to have double doors on 2 sides (long and short), so that basically i can have the doors opening into the underhang for weather proof working and also doors opening to the front (like garage doors) so motorbikes can be wheeled in.
So the options i've thought about are:
1) have a bespoke lightweight garage built (will not be used for cars)
2) look for an off-the-shelf shed (doubtful)
3) have a bespoke shed built to my specs

Considerations:
1) would ideally need to be a pent style roof sloping down from above the level of the underhang to about 8ft high at its lowest point
2) would it be a better idea to 'bolt' the shed onto the actual house. ie. screw the top pent rafter to the extension wall and build as if building a low pitched extension? (done that before)

Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
I think you need planning permission so close to house, I'm sure someone here can confirm one way or another. ;)

Option 3 by far the best - and freestanding , I don`t think it requires planning then -ask @ your local council . Sheds are much more comfortable to work in than any type of garage ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back