Best 65kw boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I presently have a Keston C55 boiler which is an absolute dog. It needs to be replaced and I am looking at one of the following:

Vaillant ecoTEC 65 Wall Hung Gas Regular Commercial Boiler (65Kw)

Potterton Gold High output 65KW 220 Btu Boiler Std horizontal flue

Worcester GB162 Commercial Gas Regular Boiler 65kW

Can anyone recommend the best one or even an alternative. Will they all cost a similar amount to install.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Atag Q60
buy direct from manf
parts direct from manf next day delivery
5yr parts warranty
can be serviced by domestic engineers

Sponsored Links
+1 for 2 30kw domestic boilers, you have backup for failure and can use cheaper domestic engineers for service and repair and get cheaper parts that are more readily available.
Better in the summer as well when there is little or no heating demand as the boiler will modulate lower. A cascade controller will balance the load of the two boilers.

I thought that there may be some comments on the bigger named boilers I was looking at. Does anyone have any views on the Worcester, Vaillant or Potterton?

Having read some other threads I am not sure whether it is better to have 2 30kw boilers or 1 60 kw boiler.

Space isn't a problem.

I am replacing a Keston C55. Will it be cheaper to install 2 30kw boilers rather than a just a 60kw boiler in terms of labour and additional pipe work?

Depends on your buget, but if you want one boiler I would have the GB 162
Very easy to work on and also very reliable. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back