best boiler to replace a Vokera excell 80sp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've got an old Vokera Excell 80sp that is on it's last legs and i'm looking to get it replaced. I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a good model to go with a straight replacement ie a boiler that will tak it's place without any added fuss of replacing pipes etc...

Has anybody out there actually replaced such a boiler?

Obviously i'd prefer to get a relative straight forward replacement done but it would be great to know what kind of pitfalls or added extras i might be looking at with a new installation.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have yet to see a Vokera Excel on it's last ;egs. What is the matter with existing boiler?

Almost certain the issues will be lack of proper care.

Any boiler will be a suitable replacement but hardly as well built. Do not expect replacement to last 15 years the present has been chugging away for and also do not expect the maintainance costs to be reasonable like on the present.

Good luck with your new boiler:cool:

I agree.

Never came across one that cant be fixed. Probably just needs some tlc.

If you do decide to change it, for a start, the gas pipe will usually have to be upgraded and also a condensate pipe will have to be run to a waste termination.

If I had an excell at home, I wouldnt change it for a condensing model.

Hello,

thanks for the responses. The boiler in question is 13 years old. It's had regular services and the odd repair. I admit it's been a sturdy piece of equipment but the last 2 years has seen more repairs than i would like and the question is to continuing paying for upkeep and repairs or get a new one. As i can remember the problems include a diverter valve problem, expansion vessel is "kaput", as is the circuit board and there are several leaks. I'm no plumber but sounds pretty serious to me. I will get a 2nd opinion however.

thanks

Sponsored Links
It is a case of 10 thumbs me thinks. Give a dog a bad name, or bad workman blames his tools even ;)

Agree with DP on this - I have managed to resurrect every Excell I have been presented with so far.

Some were a challenge, but they were well thought out boilers.

Thank you for those few kind words Mr Robinson :D

DP...i see you're in Glasgow. I'm in Edinburgh. Recommend a good repair man at all?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back