Best broadband (bang for buck)

IMG_20231121_122357.jpg
IMG_20231121_122225.jpg

Sponsored Links
Did anyone in this thread go for Community Fibre in the end? My mums Vodafone contract has expired and I’m looking to switch her to Community Fibre. £14.95 installation fee (to run the cable to the house I assume) and £25 per month for 150Mbps and anytime landline and mobile calls.

Been in touch with Community fibre, and will be switching to them.

I want to do that, as Virgin is so expensive and they refuse to offer me a cheaper deal

But although the fibre ducts were laid in my street last summer, they have not yet put any cables down.

I think Virgin know that, so they think I'm on their hook. Bunch of bastds. So I will be off like a shot.

Round here, copper to cabinet runs about 70 Mbps, which is adequate for most needs.

Could you just get a Three thingy, that uses mobile signals rather than cables?

At least if you prove that up, it's a bargaining chip against VM....

Sponsored Links
Zen internet is Which? rated. Their customer score is 81%.

They don't service all areas, but if they are worth looking into.

As an aside, I went to collect second-born from work, a couple of nights ago.

Out of interest, I did a speed test on my new, 5g phone (finally retired the old u11+)..

300mbps (y)

More than 4x better than my home broadband, I think
Same here with my phone. I sacked off the phone line in the workshop when lockdowns started, when I’m up there now, I run the PC and the TV firestick through my personal hotspot on my phone over 5G and they are faster than I ever had with the landline.

Did anyone in this thread go for Community Fibre in the end? My mums Vodafone contract has expired and I’m looking to switch her to Community Fibre. £14.95 installation fee (to run the cable to the house I assume) and £25 per month for 150Mbps and anytime landline and mobile calls.
I switched, been with CF a few weeks. Installation was fine, new cable/wire (very thin) from telephone pole to the house. Broadband is faster (according to speed tests) but can't notice any real difference in day to day use. Only issue I have is that my home phone can't receive incoming calls. I can call out to my mobile and my mob will say incoming call from home, try and call back and it says number not recognised. Been on to them a few times about it, you get through to customer services easily, but so far it's not been resolved. Not a bad thing really as I didn't think we needed a land line, SWMBO did. The only downside is the TV package from Virgin was better than anything I can get at the moment, just waiting for my Humax Aura TV box to get here, that may give me more options for the TV. I went for the 1G with home phone and guaranteed WIFI in every room at £40 a month. This speed test I've just done is on my ancient PC, it's wired into a WIFI extender in the back room and the modem is in the front room.
1706000829518.jpg

Phone issue sorted, all tickety-boo at the moment.

Sorted mine with EE too. After a lengthy French trip, they had charged me £26 for roaming, despite a text they sent when I first arrived that intimated that my plan included calls to and from EU. After a fair bit of aggro, several calls with several EE people they refunded the £26 and let me have roaming included in my plan for same price.

Another Brexit success! :unsure: :rolleyes::LOL:

The phone companies are making a determined attack on their customers at the moment, changing their contracts to force mid-term price increases that are specifically above inflation.

What a pity UK citizens have no strong organisation to give us consumer protection.

Sponsored Links
Back