Best cordless screwdriver

I'm sure this is all good gear but, for the amount of use this would get with me I would like something in the £30-40 range. I have a decent drill, just want a screw-driver tool.

Sponsored Links
I have a friend who fits kitchens and he has a couple of the 10.8V lidl specials at £29.99 and he says there good for the money.

I'm sure this is all good gear but, for the amount of use this would get with me I would like something in the £30-40 range. I have a decent drill, just want a screw-driver tool.

Well an impact driver is out of the running at that price. As mentioned above, the 'Parkside' tools from Lidl are about the best bargain basement tools on a price/quality/performance basis. Just sign up for their newsletter and keep an eye out for when the 10.8V drill/driver comes on weekly special. But act fast if it does, they're only on for a week at a time and can sell out.

Can't you use your decent drill for screwdriving?

Sponsored Links
Not having a go here mate but being blunt, you got recommendations for reasonable price stuff that will last you years, and pay for itself but you still want to buy cheap and nasty macallister stuff at £30 so why even ask recommendations, just go out and buy what you had in mind.

another point is you mentioned garden and decking

you need a heavy duty [read quality]10.8v impact
or cheaper quality 18v impact for decking no cheap driver will do decking some quality might dependant on fixing size

Thanks for the constructive comments. I've found a post from the past recommending a £30 job from Lidl, this is used by a kitchen fitter who swears by it, he bought two !
My garage/workshop is full of power tools from past jobs which are rarely used, my main drill (which would do the job easily) is corded, I just wanted a cordless stand-by for future smallish, infrequent tasks.
Sorry if some think I've wasted their time !

yes lidl stuff is excellent value for money
the screwdriver was a few months ago

those offers can be once only
1 a year
or every few months
often completely random
no way off telling
don't forget aldi and other discount outlets

I think just for other people reading this thread, i also vote the Makita BTD146

I borrowed my mates Dewalt impact driver and it didn't have the low speed control of my Makita. And i have to say its without doubt the best driver ive ever used by a million miles, perfect control of course no twisting or torque feedback and it will drive anything in. My only complaint would be the LED on the front should be brighter, i guess in time with efficiency of LED it will be.
Also you must used impact style bits as it will eat standard bits no matter the qaulity for breakfast (Including my beautiful Makita hex driver set i purchased :( )

Apart from that i cannot fault it, it's without doubt my best tool in my shed!

I was in screw fix today and bought another 10.8v screw driver they have them on offer this week for £59.99

Thanks for that, I've got the drill, batt, and charger on its way !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back