best fixing to partition walls-easidrive,toggle or plastic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
which fixings provide a more secure fix onto hollow plasterboard walls for say shelves/curtain poles etc. I have used plasplugs heavy duty plasterboard fixings(blue or red plastic) and metal toggles. I am interested in using the metal easi drives. I believe these just cut their own thread rather than pre drilling. Has anyone formed an opinion over when one is more suitable than the other. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I mostly use Hollow wall anchor as it act like a nut & bolt method which is spread loading at the back, You can also undo it with no problem. More details of hollow fixing type here . The metal screw type are okay, a lot depending on the weight it need to secure to the wall.
p1399143_x.jpg

great link - thanks. Suprised to hear they fix kitchen units with easi-drive! your option looks good too - spreading the load behind board.

Sponsored Links
Better still, get longer screws and fix into the brick/blockwork behind! Regards JohnCo
Sorry, too enthusiastic! Just realised you`re probably on about stud walling! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back