best methods to avoid airlocks when filling C/H.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I wonderd if any of the experienced plumbers on here can advise or give me any tips on the best ways to avoid air locks when refilling ventend pumped central heating systems as I know air locks can be common leading to them needing to be backfilled. Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
by mot valves do you mean manual air vents like RV35's?

Motorised valves. They have a manual lever on them. Pull that back and secure into a notch in the valve casing to keep the valve open.
Depending what type of system you have and the number of radiator circuits there will be one to a few.

Sponsored Links
ok yes I no what you mean you can manuly open them. The system I am working on doesn't have any motorised valves the rads are all feed off one circuit and the hot water is feed of a seperate gas water heater. I'm just wanting some tips on the best ways to avoid any airlocks when refilling the C/H system. I no the basics like bleeding the radiators on the ground floor first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back