Best Spirit Level Length?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What length Spirit Level do you guys find works best when building up block work etc?

I have a 1200mm one but I tend to stick to the 400mm for individual blocks as its easier to handle. Watching a bricky the other day and I noticed his was larger then mine and I got to thinking ;)

Now I know the longer the level the better the accuracy, should I go for something like a 600mm or 900mm size instead?

What makes are generally considered the best? I think two of my levels are Fisco branded by chance.

Cheers

C.

Sponsored Links
I have 400mm and 900mm which covered most job although I'm now thinking about 1.8m :!: Would be useful as a straight edge on the door lining etc

1200 & 600mm.

1200 is essential for plasterboarding for obvious reasons, and the smaller 600 level is good for uprighting starter courses of brickwork.

900 is too in between for me.

Thats great, thanks for your replies.

Sorry for posting in wrong forum, did not realise there was a tools one, nor a computing one! I best get over there and see if I can help anyone - more my field.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
1200 and 1800 for me - 1800 really useful as the wall goes up to check overall plumb, and transfering levels

Stabila do a pack of 4 levels - 1800 down to key ring. I got one for a present once and use all of them. 40 ish quid I think.

Costco had this set (or a set of 3?) on offer recently for about £18

AndyBill said:
keyplayer said:
Stabila do a pack of 4 levels - 1800 down to key ring. I got one for a present once and use all of them. 40 ish quid I think.

whereabouts from ?

Bought a 3 pack of stabila from Costco for about £25. 150mm 600mm and 1200mm

AndyBill said:
whereabouts from ?

The set I got was a present. (one doesn't like to ask the price, lol.. ) I've seen them in my local builders merchants, but not in the sheds. They are an 1800, a 600, a 150 and a key ring (bit of a novelty, but it does get used). No 1200 though. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back