best value for TRV installation? DIY or Fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm after getting 10no TRVs fitted in my house, and was wondering whether there's any subsidised schemes for such things that might make getting them installed by a professional anywhere near competetive with the DIY option?

Failing that, does anyone know whether there are subsidies available against the purchase of TRVs?

I'm quite able to do the job myself, but as ever it's a question of finding time vs bringing someone in.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you feel capable then why not get on with it? Obviously it will work out more expensive to get someone in but you may end up doing that if you come across something that is beyond your capabilities.

yep, you're right, but i was just wondering whether it's even worth exploring the professional plumber route. I'm confident it will cost more than doing it myself, but if it's not that much more, it would be attractive... hence the question about subsidies etc, like you'd get for loft insulation etc...

has anyone done a similar comparison?

Sponsored Links
Good grief.

Why are people always looking for a handout?

Pay for yourself. Don't expect the tax payer to foot the bill.

The UK is going to the dogs.

thanks all. that was my understanding, but i thought it worth asking a knowledgeable crowd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back