Best way to atach breathable membrane to roof rafters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to buy some membrane to attach to roof rafters to try keep the loft and outhouse a bit cleaner, due to the debris and dirt that falls from the tiles. I was planning on buying a staple gun to attach the membrane, but one person commented that staples might not hold the membrane. Any thoughts on this?

Why wouldn't it hold with staples? And if this is the case, what are other options? On another thread someone mentioned nails, but stated these might cause tiles to come loose when hammering. Also, if the membrane is anything like weed suppressant, I think the head of a nail would be insufficient to keep it in place and the membrane would just pull a way from it, hence why I thought staples where a much better idea.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use a staple gun, it will be fine. It weighs next to nothing and will only be subject to a a little breeze coming in through the tiles.

Use a staple gun, it will be fine. It weighs next to nothing and will only be subject to a a little breeze coming in through the tiles.

Thanks a lot, what type / size of staples should I use - Im thinking of buying an electric stapler. Whats the difference between U shaped and normal staples?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back