best way to fill 50-60mm gap around internal door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ive ripped out the original non standard door lining and was left with a gap of 2069x950. Ive now put in a new door frame which is 2000x820, im now left was gaps of 50-60mm between door frame and brick on each side. Whats the best way to cover the gaps? The frame is screwed into the wall now and secured. Would expanding foam do the trick if so how would you cover the foam?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ive uploaded a photo.any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20160321_120147.jpg
    20160321_120147.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 670
Stuff some rockwool in there and use some 2x2 pinned to the lining to carry a piece of plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
I dont think i can find a architrave that wide. It 50-60mm from outside of the frame to the wall and the frame is around 30mm thick. So would need it to be 80-90 mm wide.

Do i screw the 2x2 from the frame into the brickwork? Like wedging in between frame and wall?
Would it have been better to have ran a 2 meter 2x2 along the whole side of the frame rather than putting in block cut outs like ive done?

Thanks for help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back