Best way to fix ripples in the corner of a dry lined wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am decorating my front room shortly but was left by the Developer with a lovely line of ripples in the corner of the drylined wall (am suspecting that these may have been caused when the house has settled as there is a crack in the coving above). They appear to be in the paper that has been used to cover the board as if I push them they are hollow and the paint on top just cracks. I am hoping for some tips on the best way to fix this without having to get a plasterer in. All suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Mark ;)

Sponsored Links
The line of ripples down the corner of your wall are the result of shoddy taping,,, honestly. It is ripples in the paper tape, and as you say they are hollow to the touch. The only way to repair it, is to remove the whole tape, and replace it with a new one,, properly. The crack in the corner of your coving, is probably where the 2 joints of the coving meet,, that's easily filled. Neither of these two jobs are anything to worry about really,, but the wall tape in particular would look shoddy in a nicely decorated room. Tell your builder to ask the taper to have a bit more pride in his work. :rolleyes:

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back