Best way to turn off wireless on Yale HSA 6400 alarm

Personally, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I don't have anything against Yale. But I shall purchase a system to find out what all the fuss is about. I think I'm in as good a position as anyone else to judge their merits or otherwise. This forum is clearly split on the issue, but I shall only speak as I find... good or bad. It is equally clear that Yale sell a few thousand of these every week, one should imagine, so that is a positive in their favour to start with. But, I shall gauge how they stand up to trade installed wireless systems. If they do, then all well and good. At the moment I can't see any reason why they shouldn't. I trust that they are all on either 433 MHZ or else 868 ... that in itself is an asset.

Sponsored Links
Thats a refreshing attitude.

I have always said that if I installed a Yale alarm properly in a domestic house in a typical domestic street that that home would provide equal protection to a house next door with a professionaly installed alarm.

Ok someone could attempt to jam the alarm but that would only set it off.

Would that then give them the confidence to walk in knowing the siren would be sounding for the next 15 minutes?

"........Would that then give them the confidence to walk in knowing the siren would be sounding for the next 15 minutes?...."

In a word; NO ! whether it's installed by a professional or a first timer, 80% of time served burglars said in a recent study, and not in context " If there is any chance of me being detected .... I'll go next door". As I say, that's from what I can remember from an article in 'professional electrician'. I am yet to meet, and I have met a few, a prospective intruder who knows the difference between a wired and wireless alarm system. How can he, or perhaps 'how canny ?' Even with Donald Duck or Bart Simpson on the bellbox, or Yale or Scantronic, how is he going to know the difference ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back