Between window and frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

As the picture below, I would really appreciate if anyone could advise me on, how should i finish up this part which has gaps in between? Should paint the frame first?

IMG_20180909_095121.jpg
IMG_20180909_095201.jpg

Sponsored Links
The gap you have at the edge of the window frame, would generally be covered by a liner when there are no plaster reveals.

In your situation, either fit a flat piece of wood that comes flush to the edge of your sub frame, then architrave around to cover the join. Uusually there would be a windowboard at the bottom and the architrave would stop at that. Or you could architrave 4 sides and no wb.

Or fit a quadrant or flat trim.

I'd fix plastic trim on the outside, use expanding foam all the way around. Cut it flush inside, and then screw in some plasterboard to make the inside reveal smaller to cover it.

And a small window board at the bottom.

Sponsored Links
I just got this crazy idea, would it works if i slot my access carpet underlay into these gaps and cover it with trims?

Yes that is a crazy idea and no I wouldn't try it lol

You can pick up a diy can of expanding foam from a hardware store for about £5-10. The diy ones are uncontrollable though. So have a test fire first into a rubbish bucket. And make sure you masking tape edges and cover everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back