BG 3FXP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody heard about the service from BG called 3FXP. It soulds like you can put your boiler/system on contract even if you know theres a fault with it. They come out an fix it first FOC

Is it a gimmic or is it worth while. The costs are 3FXP £24/month reducing down to the normal homecare 200 rate of £16/month after 12 months

I would ber interested to hear fro any BG engineers out there and get they veiw on it.

By the way my boiler is a Vokera Excel 80SP approx 10 years old

Sponsored Links
You're paying an extra £8 per month for the first year, which is effectively paying £96 for the repair (hardly FOC!), on top of £192 p.a. for the cover. So the main question is - "what is the repair likely to cost you?" If it's much more than £100 it might be worth considering, but I think BG do a fixed repair cost of around £120 anyway - so that must be an attractive alternative if you don't really want the annual cover.

The repair is needed due to what i call "the burners blowing out".

I posted this about 3 days ago. You all responded and said no way can the burners blow out it will be a problem with the flue/combustion chamber/gas valve etc....

I don't think you will get must work done on a boiler for £96 nowadays.

Is the BG cover worth it on a 10 year old boiler?

I posted this about 3 days ago.
I thought somebody said it just needed servicing - something about the venturi - I don't know the boiler myself but someone seemed to know what they were talking about - but that might cost you £50 or so.

Also BG have a poor reputation for diagnosing faults. They tend to be "parts changers" so expect to take a lot of days off work waiting for the gasman.

Sponsored Links
Services vary - enough of a service would probably cost you £50 or so, and probably fix your problem. It might well just be a blocked pilot.

BG - so many mixed reports. I'm going today to change a diaphragm on a combi whose owner, on BG3* cover has taken 3 half days off work for BG in the last week, and they haven't turned up. No hot water for a week.

I went a couple of days ago to a Puma combi (see here, Puma not scaled) which appeared to have been set up by a BG man to be unreliable so he'd get called to replace the boiler.

They seem to be very quick to insist that old boilers must be changed, and any sign of scale and you aren't covered.

On the other hand, if you have a troublesome newer boiler which needs a string of parts in a short time you can save a lot. Usually their guys know their stuff and have the parts. Of course "we" usually only hear about the cases which make them look bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back