bg summer shift

Nickso mates on transco had theirs shielded with lead they kept on getting pulled in to check tracker but with a 3 week notice so they would take it off gradual so nothing looked to obvious by time of check

Sponsored Links
what do the transco guys get paid? surley thats not a stressfull number?

sorry to go off topic, another bad day, (24cdi expansion vessle need I say more)

in reply to someones post earlyer saying it looks like there getting rostered rather than standby, Im sure most our guys voted to do that as we'd rather know were working an 11-8 than 9-6 then 2 almost garunteed hours of cleaning up VO'd backboilers then potentialy more ****e on GA.

Your gps is a constantly tracking you whenever it's docked (unless the adaptor thing happens to be covered in silver foil)

yea all teh P2s are on tracker (if they work) or as said if theres no foil lol.

but there not allowed to use the traker for disiplinary purposes anyway, plus if you do go off early just keep your P2 away from the holder

Sponsored Links
Your gps is a constantly tracking you whenever it's docked (unless the adaptor thing happens to be covered in silver foil)

What adapter thing?

Is that the little unit that sits on the dash?

All most engineers use there P2 for nowadays is as a phone, So if your not logged in to receive work on your P2 or your not using the tom tom it can't track.

Or maybe i'm wrong

it doesnt matter anyway as they cant track you in real time. if you dont want to be found out later then dont put the p2 in the cradle.

Nickso mates on transco had theirs shielded with lead they kept on getting pulled in to check tracker but with a 3 week notice so they would take it off gradual so nothing looked to obvious by time of check

ill have to remember that one. i wouldnt bother with the gradual thing though. :LOL:

i have still to find anyone who knows how to disable my friends siemens speed limiter on his erm BT van....yes...BT.....thats it.

One week in four on my current summer roster reads as follows:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: 8:00-7.30
Thursday:8:00-7:00
Friday: 8:00-6:30
Saturday: 08:00-5.30

To me this just seems like they are getting standby work out of me for no retainer or OT payments. Apparently they arent set in stone yet

your getting pure pumped m8

One week in four on my current summer roster reads as follows:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: 8:00-7.30
Thursday:8:00-7:00
Friday: 8:00-6:30
Saturday: 08:00-5.30

To me this just seems like they are getting standby work out of me for no retainer or OT payments. Apparently they arent set in stone yet

your getting pure pumped m8

one in four? christ. whats that a 5 day week condensed into 4 days, one of them saturday?

my boss would have literally no-one working for him if he put that out for us :LOL:

it doesnt matter anyway as they cant track you in real time. if you dont want to be found out later then dont put the p2 in the cradle.

Don't want to be a pita but I did a job a couple of years ago for one of the women who was in charge of speccing and setting up the whole system and she told me although they don't use the data they are tracking real time while docked and the phone signal can be calculated at any time to give a pretty accurate position.

Don't want to be a pita but I did a job a couple of years ago for one of the women who was in charge of speccing and setting up the whole system and she told me although they don't use the data they are tracking real time while docked and the phone signal can be calculated at any time to give a pretty accurate position.

yeh but there is nothing in the office that gives the ucad monkey or the boss the ability to fire up a windows screen that has a map and a little van on it with dave or whatever above it.

can you imagine the time and money they would have to spend on a monkey to check up on everyones tracker the way you describe. they might as well just do the tried and tested phone the customer routine.

dont get me wrong they will eventually get round to it, but right now they dont have the ability to track you in real time unless they go to a lot of hassle to do it. not only that if you aren't docked you might as well be in timbuktu. not much use for prople like me who dont even use the p2 as a phone anymore.

Dont mean to burst any bubbles, you are tracked real time, as accurate as GPS, 5mtr to 30mtr dependant on area/location/signal.
All qualified engineers are on the same basic wage, no diff between service/install. Sorry thats a management myth to keep you happy. Its all done via field term, there is a GPS modem inside it.

why worry about where you are, or they think you are. you never get enough time to do a proper job and if you do try they're on your back about the amount of work you havnt done.

Dont mean to burst any bubbles, you are tracked real time, as accurate as GPS, 5mtr to 30mtr dependant on area/location/signal.
All qualified engineers are on the same basic wage, no diff between service/install. Sorry thats a management myth to keep you happy. Its all done via field term, there is a GPS modem inside it.

er yes, thats what we have just said. office monkeys do not have the ability to know what street you are in. whether or not someone else has that information is another thing entirely, joe ucad doesnt have it. joe manager might be able to get it but it wont be for some time.

service and install basic wages are miles apart. about 4k last time i checked.

The extra 4k is shift allowance, the basic rate for std engineer is same. Not sure where HQ planning is,last time is saw a work planner at Staines 10 years ago she pressed an F button and a screen popped up with little vans down l/h and id number date time job details, next job, and present gps location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back