bg summer shift

Sponsored Links
The extra 4k is shift allowance, the basic rate for std engineer is same. Not sure where HQ planning is,last time is saw a work planner at Staines 10 years ago she pressed an F button and a screen popped up with little vans down l/h and id number date time job details, next job, and present gps location.

sounds like big brother for sure! It is possible to track location pretty accurately with mobile phones via a website. I forget where, but i saw it mentioned on a gadget programme. It can locate phone in realtime using the mobile network. No GPS needed. The website sends the phone a confirm text to accept the service. If someone can gain access to your phone, they can delete this text so (spouse/sig other/stalkee) wouldn't know you are tracking their every move.

Police can do it, but one told me its a PITA to arrange so only in real emergencies. Private companies should be able to arrange it without the confirm text as part of their mega phone contracts.

the mobile phone network knows where you are. In dense cities this can be within 20 houses or so.

who has access to it is a different question.

Sponsored Links
The extra 4k is shift allowance, the basic rate for std engineer is same. Not sure where HQ planning is,last time is saw a work planner at Staines 10 years ago she pressed an F button and a screen popped up with little vans down l/h and id number date time job details, next job, and present gps location.

tell you what illl look into it as im vaguely interested now.

ill check the wages thing too as im pretty sure you are wrong about that.

ill ask you this though, if joe ucad can tell where you are at any given time, either by gps giving him a screen shot on a map or by the current postcade listed next to my name, why is it whenever you phone them up for an additional job the very first thing they almost always ask is where are you? :LOL:

Hello Nickso, the girl I knew at Staines was a team leader/supervisor, we were talking about "the good old days" and how it was all paper and 2way hunter systems. They knew then if we telling porkies by transmitter (huge area). every time an engineer starts his van it alerts the system and his icon appears. Perhaps they ask "were are you now?" as your not were u should be. I expect its just pollite conversation. The info gathered from data logging can not be used for any disciplinary purposes, it was only agreed and accepted as a work/logistics planning aid. If they want to track your movements for investigative reasons you must be informed in advance in writing detailing start/end dates.
I know a pair of brothers 1 on service 1 on install, both from the old regional/depot days I'll get them to verify their basic. Dont know about the new breed of leeds trained, as given various titles so obviously different grade scale, related to performance targets.

Hello Nickso, the girl I knew at Staines was a team leader/supervisor, we were talking about "the good old days" and how it was all paper and 2way hunter systems. They knew then if we telling porkies by transmitter (huge area). every time an engineer starts his van it alerts the system and his icon appears. Perhaps they ask "were are you now?" as your not were u should be. I expect its just pollite conversation. The info gathered from data logging can not be used for any disciplinary purposes, it was only agreed and accepted as a work/logistics planning aid. If they want to track your movements for investigative reasons you must be informed in advance in writing detailing start/end dates.
I know a pair of brothers 1 on service 1 on install, both from the old regional/depot days I'll get them to verify their basic. Dont know about the new breed of leeds trained, as given various titles so obviously different grade scale, related to performance targets.

hmm, i think we are talking about different era's here heatingman.

no offence but i dont think anything you have just said really counts in todays cut and not so thrust BG technoworld.

im always amazed as to why they ask where i am when i believe they should be able to see my last job as clear as their nose. however, as soon as you phone in the first thing they ask is the postcode, or if its not my ucad moron they ask what patch then what postcode.

as ive said before whether or not a manager of some description has access to "real time" tracking is another thing. i still dont believe so.

ill ask the only man i would trust to give me a truthful answer, as soon as he gets back from holiday.

technical installation engineer Earnings between £26,167 and £31,500

technical engineer Earnings between £27,637 and £36,000

Lifted from the recruitment site ;)

Hi, Nickso, didn't make myself clear, I was at staines in the new world (real time) and we were talking about the "good old days". But it was definatly the recent ucad system that was relocated to mitcham, god only knows after that, prob north of watford.

technical installation engineer Earnings between £26,167 and £31,500

technical engineer Earnings between £27,637 and £36,000

Lifted from the recruitment site ;)

the lower two are the basics for both then. only £1500 difference now. used to be far more when i started.

Hi, Nickso, didn't make myself clear, I was at staines in the new world (real time) and we were talking about the "good old days". But it was definatly the recent ucad system that was relocated to mitcham, god only knows after that, prob north of watford.

yeh sorry it does make sense if i read it properly.

ill ask the bloke i know and see what he says. will be a few days though...bet you cant wait ;)

Nickso the hardware ability is there but it isn't used...yet. They don't need to there is so much else they can use to catch you out even to the point of keylogging the field terminal so there is a record of every one of those customer statement prints you aborted the print out of :eek:

Nickso the hardware ability is there but it isn't used...yet. They don't need to there is so much else they can use to catch you out even to the point of keylogging the field terminal so there is a record of every one of those customer statement prints you aborted the print out of :eek:

oh well im ****ed then :LOL:

oh well im **** then :LOL:

and I was!

Just had a look at the recruitment site, still reckon its the shift allowance, jesus h, hasn,t jennifer changed since going to worcester.
The company was pig sick when she left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back