BGas PT5 (Drayton RF3i?) Thermostat not playing ball

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

Now is the time of year to get the central heating ready and I've been trying out the new heating. Spent last night and this morning testing the new PT5 wireless thermostat with the 30CXi combi.

I can set it up but it doesnt seem to link in with the boiler. I switch the heating on at the boiler and it just gets hotter and hotter, even going into timezone 2 set at 17 degrees the room temp went up to 25!

There are no lights on the thermostat and I can never get the flame symbol to appear which makes me think its not 'connected'.

I've reset it etc. to no avail.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Given that it's a BG installation (don't say we didn't warn you) it's quite likely that no one bothered to set it up properly. Did they leave you with the installation instructions? It's not usually difficult to do.

I've checked in the Airing cupboard and there is nothing in there with a green or red light on it. Just the combi and the pipes.

What does the reciever look like? :confused:

Sponsored Links
It's ok I got confused when you said wireless....the PT series is for 'programmable thermostat' which is hard wired in, it is the RC series which are wireless. It should still be working on default settings though so when you press the + button the flame should come on and hence the heating. If its Bg you should have some sort of homecare contract thrown in...I would give them a buzz.

Ahhh so its wired in. Wonder how they did that.

I'll give the wonderful call centre a go.

I think its got out of sync somehow.

Cheers

Problem diagnosed as a faulty Thermostat.

New one being fitted next Tuesday.

Ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back