Biasi 24S locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This boiler is killing me!

I've had several problems with it over the last couple of years but I've been able to resolve and repair these (on several occasions due to the great advice on this forum).

Current problem:

Lock out lamp coming on every couple of hours whether using CH or dhw. Also safety stat has popped out on rare occasions.

Tested the fan (ok at 48ohm resistance at motor windings).
Tested air switch ok for correct operation (as per manual)
Checked gap at elctrodes (4mm)
Not qualified or equipped to test gas modulator (so I haven't)
System pressure ok (no leaks)
Bled air from the system (none actually present)
No gas pressure tests done (not qualified or equipped)
Ran boiler for max temp on CH (got to 85 degrees C and held ok) to test that the safety stat didn't engage prematurely and did the same for dhw (got to 50 degrees C and held ok).
Checked position of temp probe and integrity of capillary connected it to the switch (ok)

If I leave the boiler for around an hour, at the times when it won't immediately reset (usually at least once a day), I can reset straight away. Actually,mMost times I can get it to reset straight away.

At the moment, the lock out lamp is flickering which I've not seen before and looks like I will have to leave for an hour or so to get it to reset.

Obviously something needs addressing so, as always, any advice greatfully received.

Thanks.

ps I'm used to testing electrical circuits and fault finding and I have decent enough plumbing skills (as opposed to boiler skills).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back