Biasi 28 Combi Pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has a Biasi Combi Boiler fitted in a house she has just bought.
They will probably change the boiler to a better make, but I would like to get to the bottom of a problem before it is removed.

The heating circuit is pressurised to 1.5 bar but constanly increases over a period of a few hours to around 2.5 bar.
The cold water inlet to the boiler is closed as is the filling loop. :rolleyes:

Also, when firing the boiler, it fires OK for around 10 seconds then stops. After a few minutes it refires and carries on OK. Is this normal startup routine ?
:?:

Sponsored Links
Does the pressure go up when the boiler is NOT firing or when it IS firing?

If the former then the filling loop is passing.

If the latter then I would suggest there isn't really a problem other than the expansion vessel in the boiler is not adequately sized or pressurised.

As for th ignition sequence, I am not familiar enough to comment although I suspect it mightbe a preheat - perhaps tony will shed a little more light here.

I know they're cheap and often badly installed, but they don't seem bad at all on the whole.

Is this normal startup routine ?
Er, no.

These are very reliable boilers IF they are properly installed.

You may think the filling valve is off! Its only OFF if you have disconnected the filling loop and no water comes out over the next few hours. Water Regulations say its should be removed when not in use.

Do just that overnight and see if the pressure still increases from 1.5 to 2.5 Bar. I doubt it.

There is an anticycling delay on heating. If you put it on heating when it has not been powered/used for a while then it will fire for a few seconds and then go off for 3-4 minutes.

Never judge a boiler in a few seconds unless you totally understand it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ive got a biasi prisma 28se model.....ive had it for nearly 10 years....in the first two years the fan unit went on it, i replaced it myself for around £90....i then took out british gas insurance.....it has been working perfectly so far and is serviced every year by BG....they are cheap and reliablw...well mine is..anyway..

Very true worde Tony
Never judge a boiler in a few seconds unless you totally understand it.

So many so called RGI'S SLATE these but dont rate them ????????

Have a RIVA Advananced myself, and Iam a Worcester man myself :eek: ;)

Dan_Robinson said:
is serviced every year by BG....

No it ain't :!: :!: :!:
yes it is....ive got that homecare cover thingy...my missus pays about £15 per month i think it is...they come every year...just before winter.......mind you not much of service, they open the boiler...check the pressure with a gauge...vacuem out the bolier...thats about it reall....dont drain the water or anything...ido that myself....lol

goofy gorilla said:
ive got a biasi prisma 28se model.....ive had it for nearly 10 years....in the first two years the fan unit went on it, i replaced it myself for around £90....i then took out british gas insurance.....it has been working perfectly so far and is serviced every year by BG....they are cheap and reliablw...well mine is..anyway..

The fan very probably failed because the flue restrictor had not been fitted or adjusted correctly for the flue length. Its two serrated stainless plates which restrict the inlet air at the top of the combustion chamber. If thats missing or the wrong number of teeth have been removed then it will cause the fan to prematurely fail.

Craig, the M110 Biasis seem to be a very reliable boiler when fitted to a clean system and a properly sized gas supply. There really dont appear to be any inherent "model faults". Its important to tediously set the minimum CH output but few installers bother.

Tony Glazier

The Mysterons are a fictional race of extraterrestrials which appear in the British science fiction Supermarionation television series' Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons and Gerry Anderson's New Captain Scarlet.

Mysteron Colony. Hostilities between Earth and the Mysterons began following a Zero-X expedition on Mars led by Captain Black of Earth security organisation, Spectrum.

Identifying themselves as the Mysterons, the aliens claimed to have discovered the secret of reversing matter. They proved to have the ability to re-create an exact likeness of an object or person.

From one point of view, the Mysterons' hostility to humans, to the extent of their intending "the ultimate destruction of life on Earth," seems to make little sense. This would explain their seeming lack of emotion.

goofy gorilla said:
yes it is....ive got that homecare cover thingy...my missus pays about £15 per month i think it is...they come every year...just before winter.......mind you not much of service, they open the boiler...check the pressure with a gauge...vacuem out the bolier...thats about it reall....dont drain the water or anything...ido that myself....lol

So what about sticking a dozen pumps of air in the vessel to keep it topped up. Most vessels are flat within 3 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back