Biasi M90E 28S won't ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello first time enquirer.
I have just moved into a flat with the above boiler. The flat had been empty for 8 or 9 months. The boiler turned off with pressure at 0 and the radiators part emptied but left open. I've been told it was working before everything was switched off etc.
I have filled the radiators back up and brought the pressure up to 1.2.
Set the clocks and dials to come on.
If I put just the hot water on the green light flashes every 5 secs, I can hear the water running through and then clicks when I turn the water off. Still no flame.
If I put ch and hw on a ticking comes on for abt 6 secs then goes off the light flashes every 2 secs. After abt ten it starts flashing very quickly. During all this the boiler doesn't light or spark.
Sorry if I've gone on just wanted to give as much info as possible.
I just want to check its not something simple I'm missing before calling someone out.
Thanks Michael.

Sponsored Links
Have you bought the flat?

If so the seller is responsible for ensuring all appliances are in good working order.

I would say you need to advise the seller that you intend to claim for the costs and then call an engineer to sort it out.

Its difficult to say whats wrong but the pump needs to be bled which you should have read about in the FAQ on this site.

Tony

Hello Tony,
Thanks for your quick reply. I did buy the flat but it was sold as seen so there is no recourse there.

I had a look under the how to section under how to bleed a combi boiler pump and a few other searches but couldn't find anything other than bleeding a radiator. Is there a different FAQ page Im missing.

Thanks Michael.

I've also noticed that when turning the blue ( dcw inlet valve) it doesn't change the pressure. I am having to adjust it from a black valve under the sink ( possibly connected to the mains ) but I can't leave it on or the pressure continues to rise.

Thanks Michael.

Sponsored Links
You only set the pressure to 1.5 Bar cold.

The blue tap only turns off the cold water in to the boiler. It has nothing to do with system pressure.

I think you need an engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back