Biasi M96A.28SM/C - hot water ok but no CH.it's cold tonite!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just joined the site, hoping for a little advice with my combi boiler.
Hot water works perfect, pressure is at about 1.5 bars, however I cannot get the CH to kick in. I've set the dials so that CH is on max temp, and the timer for x hours, currently showing ON.
But the burning isn't going, of course if i turn on a hot tap it fires up immediately, but when the tap is off, it's totally dead, like it doesn't even acknowledge the CH is required - for this reason I don't think it's any closed pipes or anything like that, it's not even trying to provide CH.
I can't imagine what it could be.

thanks in advance

cold and desperate.

Sponsored Links
Have you turned up the room stat ???

On the clock, is the red slider in the bottom position?

Take the hours back to minimum as it was before you touched it.

It does not work as you would expect! To get that number of timed hours you have to put the red slider BACK up to the auto position !

What are the lights showing?

If you turn the right hand knob to "O" then what do the lights show?

Tony

Have you turned up the room stat ???

On the clock, is the red slider in the bottom position?

Take the hours back to minimum as it was before you touched it.

It does not work as you would expect! To get that number of timed hours you have to put the red slider BACK up to the auto position !

What are the lights showing?

If you turn the right hand knob to "O" then what do the lights show?

Tony

i think we have success!! thankyou so much, there is 4 people who will sleep warmly tonight because of you.
you're right, that timer doesn't work as you'd expect it to, I had no idea I would need to set it back to auto. it's making noise now so lets hope the radiators start warming.
if not i'll be back to bug you:)

thanks again

actually i have a followup question.
there's a temperature setting on the boiler for CH, and then you have your thermostat. should i just set the boiler to full temp, and use the thermostat to control?

Sponsored Links
Set the room stat to about 21° C.

Set the boiler CH temp copntrol to about 1/3 way up, thats about 1 o/c or 2 o/c.

When the weather gets colder then it may be necessary to turn up the CH know a bit.

The lower you can run it the more efficient it will be.

You say its cold tonight but you must be in a different London! Here its 21.8° C indoors ( only heated by computer and TV NOT any CH ! )

Even at 0130 here its still 13.2° C outside which is not really that cold at all.

I still sleep with the bedroom window open.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back