Biasi M9E.32 leaking at flow switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had this boiler for four years and had it power flushed in November 2010 and the engineer also pumped some air in the boiler as it was low.

Unfortunately the boiler has developed a fault and is leaking 1-drop-per-20-second.

Could someone advise what the fault could be? flow switch/diverter replacement?

Also noticed that the boiler looses some pressure over a couple of months. Minor amount.

I have included some images of fault in my album.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Grover

Sponsored Links
The flow switch gland nis leaking ane needs to be replaced but deposits on the shaft bwill need to be removed at the same ime to prevent a reoccurance.

The Part number is BI 1011502

Tony

Thank you Agile for a quick response.

Can you give me a guide on how to do this.

Thank you

Grover

Do I need to isolate both CH flow/return and empty the primary circuit?

Thank you

Grover

Sponsored Links
All done.

Noticed the switch was working but the plastic housing was goosed so installed a new switch.

Job done

Thank you

Grover

After having a few sound months of piece the switch has started to leak once again.

Th problem is that now beside the leaking the lock out lamp is now lit. After pressing reset the boiler trys to fire-up but locks out.

Any ideas?

Grover

If the new gland is now leaking it would usually be because you did not clean the pin properly when it was replaced ( as I stated ).

As far as ignition lockout is concerned we are not permitted to give advice on gas/combustion related matters on this forum.

Normal solution is to call an RGI.

Tony

After leaving the boiler off for a few days the boiler has stopped locking out.

It is still leaking at the gland and the green light pulses in 2 second intervals.

The boiler state is that whilst DHW is intermitant and there is no CH. After removing the clock plug from the pcb the ch sarts to work fine but when it is pluged back in ch stops working.

I am going to replace the the gland and whilst replacing the glad is there any other servicable part that would be worth replacing? (diaphram/divertor valve kit)

Can someone advise how to access diagnostic mode on this boiler and is there any advice on the ch fault?

When dip switch 1 is switched the main green light pulses quickly and other green and red light a on.

When dip switch 3 is switched the main green light is on and the red light pulses 1 per second and the other green light is off

Thanks in advance

Grover

can you just indicate suspect parts so I can get a gas safe engineer out and not get ripped off?

grover

Why do you and others always think that gas engineers are going to get ripped off?

Have you even known a solicitor charge less than a boiler engineer for their time? Thats usually £130-£350 per HOUR ! But not at your home but at THEIR office.

A boiler engineer travels FREE to where you live and only charges for the time spent at YOUR home. Thats usually £30-£90 per hour !

A typical visit in London involves an hour getting there and finding somewhere to park and 35 min getting back!

I respect any person who is trained and qualified at their trade. I only mentioned the rip-off as round where I live there are stories of qualified people who make out that they know what the fault is but are not 100% and charge for trial and error diagnostics and sting you for all the parts.

Sorry didn't mean every one. It just to find out if they know what they are talking about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back