Biasi Prisma 24se locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there anyone out there that can shed some light on the following problem I am having?

I have recently purchased a house with a Biasi Prisma 24SE combi boiler which was installed in 1997. When I try to run the boiler either for heating or for hot water and in both the summer and the winter modes it starts the ignition sequence and then locks out.

I took the cover off of the unit last night to see if the electrodes were sparking and the boiler lit and stayed on. I'm guessing that this was due to increased air to the unit.

Could this indicate that there is a problem with the fan not operating correctly or maybe a problem with the gas pressures. If anyone could advise on what may be wrong and roughly how much it would cost to repair as I only need it to get me through this winter and I plan to replace next year sometime I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jason.

Sponsored Links
A.P.S, fan or flue , most likely a fan , boiler is starved of air , this work should be carried out by an R.G.I.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back