Biasi Riva Compact MK2: timer to manual issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope I'm posting this correctly -sorry if i'm not :confused:
We had a Biasi Riva Compact MK2 boiler fitted this summer, plumbers hadn't left us a manual so searched the net and figured out how to set the central heating timer yesterday. There's no problems with setting the timers and the heating coming on at the set times, BUT, how do you manually switch the heating on and off?
eg. We have the timer set for 1 1/2hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening. How do I get the central heating to come on constant after its come off the settings?
We tried turning the thermostat all the way up and pressed the diff buttons but no luck.

We know there must be some way of turning it on and off and also have set times when it comes on but just not sure how to do it.

can anyone help me so I don't have to endure another cold night :)

Sponsored Links
Assume u have the digital set up ? in which case if u slide the red slider right down to the word timed or timer , think that is what it says , & than use the on /off to switch it on or off !

The word on or off will appear (on meaning constant )

Obviously as u know room stat needs to be calling for heat ?? you can than turn your heating on or off with the r stat

You will have the later time clock which does not have any red slider.

There is a button which selects the timer function and another which does the toggle function.

However, you should not need to touch the time clock as you should be able to easier control the boiler manually from the room stat.

Are you saying the room stat does not work correctly?

You can also used the boiler right knob anticlockwise to set the boiler to DHW only as well.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You're correct we have the digital display so have a button to change between the different options such as setting the time of day and the timer NOT a slide switch.

When i tried to turn the heating on with the room stat the stat clicked but the boiler did not start up. We've not had any problems with the room stat before this as this is how we'd been turning the central heating on and off untill yesterday when i set the timer!

We're still getting hot water etc. All i want to be able to do is have the central heating on for certain times of the day and then be able to also switch the central heating on when i'm cold.

I'm assuming thats possible as past boilers have been able to do this and seems like a basic function. It's annoying as it's probably something very basic but just have not been shown/told about it.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back