Biasi Riva Compact pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I had to turn the main water stopcock (at street) off the other day and ever since my Biasi Riva Compact has been showing 3 (should be 1-1.5) on the pressure gauge and the HW pressure at the tap has been low. Any ideas why or how this can be rectified.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Its not totally logical but for a start check that the filling valve is closed.

It sounds as if its not the proper type of valve and as if its been left open.

See FAQ on this site if you need help.

Tony

Hi!

I actually checked that before and it was open so I closed it but how do I drop the pressure again?

Cheers!

Bleed about 1 litre from a rad bleed screw!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tony, I'll give it a whirl today.

If you have a drain cock on a radiator pipe, that would be a bit easier.

Woohoo! It's worked! Cheers for that Tony, you're a star!

Hey!

Just wondered if anyone knows how you can add Fernox to this type of boiler? Because it has its own built in expansion vessel you can't add it to the expansion tank like in normal CH system?

Cheers!

You have to put it in at a radiator. Possible the FAQ section tells you how.

Its very questionable if there is any advantage adding it to an existing sealed system!

Even if there was then it might be better draining the system and starting with fresh clean water.

Generally if its working fine dont touch it!

Tony

Hmm. There's no problem its just I'm adding a few radiators to the system which has never had Fernox added. Can't find the FAQ. Any hints on how to add to a radiator? Cheers!

New rads need a cleanser like X300 first!

FAQ is a topic thread near the top of the list!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back