Biasi s24 combi not staying on after a minute or so

hj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I've got a Biasi S24 combi boiler which is playing up.

When I put the central heating on, the boiler fires up and starts heating up the water. Then, after a minute or so, the gas seems to switch off.

I can see the spark trying to relight it, but after a short time, it stops and turns on the lock-out signal lamp.

If I reset it, it happens again, but the heater stops after 30 secs or so.

If I reset it again, it happens again, but again, only works for a shorter time, until it stops lighting completely. I leave it a few minutes, and then I can start it up again for a minute or so, and then the same problem comes back.

The same happens when a hot water tap is switched on.

Nothing has been done recently to the boiler or system.

It looks like the gas supply just fades out - something is switching it off and keeping it switched off for a few minutes.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
Think you need a boiler repairer to check the gas settings. Bit vague i know but not really a DIY repair.

Thanks for the reply. As it was gas-related, I was going to get an engineer out, but was hoping to get some ideas of what it could be. I wanted to be able to have a useful conversation with the gas engineer, especially if they look at it for 30 seconds and tell me I need a new boiler ;)

Could be dodgy gasvalve. Have also had a similar fault on one of these that turned out to be a board that was half gone.
Either way an RGI job.

Sponsored Links
Of course, now is the problem of finding someone to come look at it. Called 8 heating engineers so far, and all book solid - some until next year.

It may be a cooold christmas!

My boiler was fixed today. Faulty gas valve, as suggested above.

I got a huge quote for the parts by the gas engineer, but they would happily fit it if I could get the valve. Checked the DIYnot messages, and found a message pointing at euroboilerparts.co.uk. Got the part for £45.

So, now nice and warm again.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back