Bicarbonate of soda help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DIYNot has never let me down and now I need some really specific and local help - PLEASE.

I have an elderly cat with a leaky bladder and the only thing that can help soak up the problem in my carpet is Bicarb of soda. I need large quantities of it. Trouble is, I can get it from the intenet but postage costs are horrendous. Any advice please? Or perhaps pointing towards some place I can get Bicarb locally to Chatham? This is really a dire situation that needs a swift answer. Cat favours at the front door to let go his leaky bladder ....

Sponsored Links
Shame you don't live any closer, I deal with the only UK manufacturer of Bicarb, could have helped you out :confused:

Sponsored Links
Baking soda only comes in 200g pots - I need KILOS of it!

snico, would you mind telling me the name of the manufacturers, possibly contact details? They might be able to advise me. I am really desperate.

Op - if you can bear to be parted, look for a fella on here called LastMagicBean. He runs a cattery for elderly felines and would happily adopt your ailing friend.

Seriously, not sure why you think it only comes in 200g pots. Amazon has other options

Parting with my cat is not an option!

I have tried ringing round Boots and local chemists but none of them Can help.

I can get large quantities via the internet, Amazon etc, but the delivery charges are extortionate, that's why I am trying to find a local supplier.

deluks - I'm not a "he", I'm a "she"! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Looks like it will have to be 'tinternet and hang the cost ... :cry:

Dextraneous, thank you! I have found a supplier on Amazon who don't charge for delivery! That's marvellous. I have just ordered a big bag of the stuff. Hopefully my house will soon smell better!

Bicarb is wonderful stuff, it really works, and it's safe around animals.

See if you can find a local bakery - one that actually bakes. They will buy it in bulk and may be able to help.

A real pharmacist will also be able to order you it in bulk. Unfortunately the likes of Boots seem to have forgotten what their core business was/is.

What's the point of piles of bicarbonate of soda anyway????? Pointless.

If anything, or anyone, takes to p*ssing on the carpet, it will soak through to the underlay and floorboards.

You'll need a gas mask soon.

There are other alternatives to the problem. When we had a problem with a feral tom who would come through our cat flap and spray, we used a product called Urine Off. It's the one specifically for cats and kittens and actually removes the constuents of cat urine rather than just masking it. Not sure how economical it is to use compared to bicarb.

Good luck and I hope you can get something sorted.

http://www.petfresh.co.uk/store/pets/

Sponsored Links
Back