Bicarbonate of soda help

Sponsored Links
There are other alternatives to the problem. When we had a problem with a feral tom who would come through our cat flap and spray

We use a magnetic cat flap which can only be opened by the presence of a magnet attached to our cat's collar.

None of the neighbours' cats can get in, although some have tried. I suppose if any were also wearing a similar magnet they'd manage it, though.

well if you want to go down chemical supplies route, it is actually called sodium hydrogen carbonate. (NaHCO3)

Sponsored Links
There are other alternatives to the problem. When we had a problem with a feral tom who would come through our cat flap and spray

We use a magnetic cat flap which can only be opened by the presence of a magnet attached to our cat's collar.

None of the neighbours' cats can get in, although some have tried. I suppose if any were also wearing a similar magnet they'd manage it, though.

Yes, those are a good idea. Only problem is that we have had problems with our cats and their collars.

Current kitty is a Houdini standard escapologist, who somehow dumps collars like his life depends on it. Last one was destroyed after he managed to remove it and leave it lying on the neighbour's lawn. The lawnmower guaranteed that he would never have to wear it again.

Other cats we've had have had major sulks, like only cats can, until the offending item was removed from their person. :rolleyes:

We always start out with collars after adopting them from the home in case they go AWOL having been billeted with us in an alien environment. Good intentions never last long though.

well if you want to go down chemical supplies route, it is actually called sodium hydrogen carbonate. (NaHCO3)
And not KCN!!

As for magnetic catflaps, we have out cat chipped and use a sureflap to eliminate unwanted intruders.

I thought that looked an excellent product...
...until I looked at the price.

Actually, our cat isn't chipped. We've had him for almost 18 years and he's never shown any sign of running away or getting lost. He knows on which side his bread's buttered, you see.

Sponsored Links
Back